1. ) Life Teen Summer Missionaries began 2 intense weeks of training at Life Teen Camp Covecrest in Tiger, GA in preparation for round one of Summer Life Teen Camps! 2.) 6 Atlanta parishes have signed on to implement our new Life Teen Intentional Discipleship in the fall utilizing Life Teen full time missionaries. This outreach focuses on juniors and seniors in High School. 3.) 58 parishes have already signed up for Life Teen’s new College Life parish outreach! This new outreach helps
There have been two times this past month that the word “always” has brought me to tears (which isn’t all that difficult, ask my teens). But seriously, one word doesn’t usually evoke that kind of emotion. Maybe it wasn’t the word itself, but what it stood for. Talking to one of my juniors after a Life Night recently I thanked her for being there. She responded with a laugh and said, “Betsy, I’m always here.” And it hit me – she is always here. I got to thinking, if it weren’t
Summer in youth ministry – it’s flipping sweet. While much of the parish seems to be slowing down and relaxing, summer is when youth ministry hits high gear. Why? Teens are off of school and looking for things to do! During the school year, we’re competing with everything from homework overload to play and choir to sports and other extracurriculars. Add in some good family time, and Church offerings are often squeezed out. But using the opportunity of summer right can really help your
“Hi Kenn, I need to talk to you about last night’s teen life event. Can you call me?” Ever get that phone message in your voicemail? I love working with parents, but that voicemail always sends a chill down my spine and immediately gets me asking “what could they possibly want? And what if it’s bad feed back?”
iPhone games are the best.
Angry Birds, Plants Versus Zombies, Infinity Blade, Fruit Ninja, Temple Run – the list of our favorite games to play on our phones could go on and on. It’s really convenient to pull out my phone and be entertained while waiting in line somewhere, or for a few minutes at home before we’ve got to saddle up to head out somewhere.
- Director of Youth Ministry at Holy Spirit Catholic Community in Rock Springs, Wyoming
- Coordinator of Youth Ministry at St. Cecilia Church in United States
- Youth Minister at Saint Bronislava Catholic Church in Plover, Wisconsin
- Youth Minister for Middle and High School at St. Cecilia Catholic Church in Beaverton, Oregon
- Web Director at Life Teen Inc in Mesa, AZ
Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry sets forth three goals and eight components for comprehensive youth ministry. Life Teen, as a parish-based youth ministry model, fulfills all eight components through a sacramental sprituality, resources, training, and direct parish support. Our mission is very simple: to lead teens closer to Christ.