Good morning everyone! Here are some quick updates about what’s going on around the our websites this summer:
- No blog updates: You’ve probably noticed that there have not been many blog updates recently. Why? Because the summer is “conference season” for our staff when host a gazillion events in June, July, and August. Plus, most of our contributing writers are active youth ministers. So we haven’t had any time to update our blogs. We wanted to have a dozen updates finished by the end of May so this section had plenty of new material to share throughout the summer, but it wasn’t a realistic expectation. Maybe next year?
- Catholic Movie Reviews Podcast: Be sure to listen to Greg Iwinski’s take on the biggest movies of the summer: The Dark Knight, Mamma Mia, Hellboy II, Hancock, Wall-E, Get Smart, The Love Guru, The Incredible Hulk…
- Summer Camp Photos: I’ve spent the past two months loading photos from summer camp and LTND to the homepage of lifeteen.com. Last Friday I also added a highlight video from Covecrest week one to that same slide show. Later this summer, I will add videos from the other weeks at camp. Once the summer is over, we’re going to take this photo player off the home page and put it into the Yearbook section. Although the current Yearbook section looks good and is easy to navigate, it takes a long time to update.
- New Video Player: The video player here on YM.lifeteen.com worked so well that we decided to use it on lifeteen.com. If you compare the old with the new, you’ll see that we’ve come a long way. I also removed some of the videos that were looking dated and not cool.
- Jobs: I’ve added quite a few new openings to the jobs blog here on YM.lifeteen.com. If you have a former teen who is now out of college, please encourage them to get involved by becoming a youth minister.
I’ve traveled quite a bit in the past six weeks to help out at conferences around the country: Steubenville High School 3, Covecrest, Ave Maria University Youth Conference, and Steubenville St. Louis. I really enjoyed meeting everyone at the events. It was very heartwarming to see all the good stuff that is out there for Catholic teenagers in America today. You all are doing good work!