It is with great joy and excitement that I announce the newest adult training experience from Life Teen. Introducing, the Life Teen Winter Training Conference, coming to Indialantic, Florida February 19-21, 2012!
Here is some background. In the past, we have offered our Fall Training Conference (which took place in Atlanta last October) as well as our annual convention in June (which takes place in Scottsdale), but we realized that core members, youth ministers, priests and more need a national training event early in the year as well. Spring Training typically took place in March, and was a great event, but for many it was too long and did not provide all the training needed. After weeks of praying and planning, we dreamed this question:
“What if we took the best of Spring Training and expanded the content and training, while keeping the relaxed retreat-like feel?”
And from there, the Life Teen Winter Training Conference was born!
You may be wondering, what are the highlights? What makes this training event different? Or … in other words, why should I attend? Of course, there are plenty of ways to answer that question, but here are a few of my favorite reasons:
- Developing this into a national training event will allow us to dedicate more resources to it. We plan to bring in many of our national staff: Kevin Hickey, Randy Raus, Craig Colson and Eric Porteous to name a few. Plus, Sarah Kroger and her band will be able to lead worship for us.
- The lower number of participants will allow the staff to directly help you easier. We are piloting a new concept for our events called the “resource round table.” You will be able to meet at tables with staff based on key topics that may be of interest to you – all in a conversation format.
- The parish and resort is right on the ocean. When half the country will be digging out from the latest snow storm, you will be able to stay in an ocean front hotel, see a vibrant Life Teen parish in action and plan your schedule for the year – all beachside!
- We priced this event the lowest of all national training conferences. At $300, which includes most meals, this event is economical in a time when budgets are tight at many parishes. It is just one way that we are trying to listen to you.
- The conference is shorter, which means less time away from your family. Because we start on a Sunday and end on a Tuesday night, we will offer the same great content and retreat time, it is just focused and more intentional. Many people have Monday off due to President’s Day, so even core members or volunteer youth ministers with other jobs may be able to attend.
With the addition of the Winter Training Conference, we will offer three flag ship training conferences for 2012:
- The Life Teen Winter Training Conference (February 19-21, 2012)
- The Catholic Youth Ministry Training Convention, Powered by Life Teen (June 10-13, 2012)
- The Life Teen Fall Training Conference (October 14-17, 2012)
Our hope is that our Spring Training family will join even more youth ministers and volunteers for an incredible conference this February. God is putting into motion an amazing experience, and we hope you will join us for it. Registration is now open on catholicyouthministry.com.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.