Song suggestions, homily suggestions, and the Sunday readings for Palm Sunday (April 5, 2009) through the 17th Sunday in Ordinary Time (July 26, 2009) in Year B of the Liturgical cycles.
Life Support: January 2009 – Morality
Liturgy Planning Guide
You have to stand for something or you will fall for anything. The old adage is just as true today, especially for us in youth ministry. There are so many demands and requests made of a youth ministry program at the parish. Everyone seems to have an opinion on what the youth program should look like, do, not do, cost and accomplish. With all these (often conflicting) ideas flying around, how can a youth ministry program create a clear identity? Better yet, how can the adults involved in the ministry know what they are working for?
It was exactly this kind of “identity crisis” that the movement of Life Teen wanted to avoid. Following the prompting of the Holy Spirit, we wanted a clear vision of who we are as a movement in the Catholic Church. We wanted to define our defining characteristics. In 2002, through much prayer and discernment, Life Teen came up with our seven Core Values: Love, Eucharistic Spirituality, Faithfulness to Primary Vocation, Joy, Authenticity, Affirmation, Evangelization.
This retreat resource is based off the book Core Values: a Spiritual Guide for Core Members. Many of the “teaching points” for each session is taken directly from the book. It is highly recommended that each Core member be given a copy of the book to read before the retreat. This will help the Core team enter more fully into the sessions. The book can also be given as a “retreat gift” at the beginning of the retreat for the Core team to read and pray through on (and after) the retreat.
This issue of Spotlight introduces and highlights Life Teen’s 2009 annual theme: Heroic Virtue. It includes a Life Night that challenges teenagers to grow in virtue. There is an emphasis on pro-life issues in this edition of Spotlight, as well.
- Spotlight Intro: Lisa Epperson
- Heroic Virtue: Mark Hart, Executive Vice-President of Life Teen
- Heroic Virtue: A Life Night for Life Teen’s 2009 Year Theme
- Turning On the Light: Theresa Duran
- No Matter How Small: A Life Night About Pro-Life Issues
- Parish Spotlight: Holy Spirit, Fishers, IN
- Hello Love: Jimmy Mitchell and Chris Tomlin
- UUM?: A Life Night About Triduum
- Core Value – Evangelization: Christina McShane
- Called to Serve: Chris Benzinger
- So, You Think You Can Dance?: A Social Life Night
- Introducing Two Resources for 2009: Adam Brown and Greg Iwinski
- In Focus: The Incredibles
- Words from B16: Pope Benedict XVI