Song suggestions, homily suggestions, and the Sunday readings for Palm Sunday (March 24, 2013) through the 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time (July 21, 2013) in Year C of the Liturgical cycles.
Life Support: January 2013 – Person of Christ
Liturgy Planning Guide
This Spotlight explores Life Teen’s 2013 Year Theme, “Fearless,” with an article by Mark Hart and a special Life Night. It also includes a Life Night to help kick-off the school year, and several resources that will help prepare teenagers’ hearts for the season of Lent.
- Spotlight Intro: Katie Heller
- Letter from the President: Randy Raus, President of Life Tee
- Life Teen’s 2013 Year Theme – Fearless: Mark Hart, Executive Vice-President of Life Teen
- Fearless: Life Night for 2013 Year Theme
- Communion Gives Rise to Culture: Jimmy Mitchell
- Walking Through the Storm: Sarah Gavin
- Crisis Planning Sheet: Planning Resource
- Fears Vs. Dreams: Issue Life Night
- Grace of Giving: Todd and Denise Jones
- Back to Bascis!: Kick-off Life Night
- Lent In the Year of Faith: Catholic Relief Services
- Rice Bowl: Resource For Small Faith-Sharing Groups
- Rice Bowl: Prayer Service
- Words From B16: Pope Benedict XVI
Into the Deep
Welcome to Life Teen’s newest resource for high school teenagers, Into the Deep. The goal of this resource is to provide the teenagers at your parish with catechesis that goes deeper into Sacred Scripture and the teachings of our Catholic Church. The sessions contained in this resource are more challenging in their teachings and small group questions, all geared towards teens that are seeking more than the typical Life Night provides.
This resource is designed to supplement our existing eight-semester curriculum for high school students, which is modeled from the USCCB’s “Doctrinal Framework for High School Catechesis.” Each four-session Into the Deep resource will cover a specific topic found within the bishops’ framework with a greater depth. This will allow you to take time to really break open topics such as discipleship, Mary, the season of Lent, and pro-life issues.
This Into the Deep explores the season of Lent. As Catholics, we are familiar with ashes, giving something up, and meatless Fridays, but do we know the “why” behind these things? This four-session series on Lent will help your teens understand the history, beauty, and opportunity of this season. Each session looks at a different aspect of how we are called to prepare for Easter: fasting, almsgiving, and prayer. Obviously, these sessions work best within the season of Lent so that teens can apply the lessons learned and challenge themselves to go deeper during these 40 days.
This Into the Deep includes the sessions:
- Why So Fast?
- Free Alms!