Song suggestions, homily suggestions, and the Sunday readings for the 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time (August 5, 2012) through the Feast of Christ the King (November 25, 2012) in Year B of the Liturgical cycles.
Life Support: May 2012 – Vocations
Liturgy Planning Guide
Crossfit, P90X, Biggest Loser, Insanity –everywhere you look there is another program to help you shape up and slim down. We all know that physical exercise is important and there are plenty of “experts” to show us how to train our bodies, but what about our souls? The Catechism states: “Prayer and the Christian life are inseparable” (CCC 2745). Then why do so many of us struggle to develop and maintain a healthy prayer life? Because prayer “always presupposes effort” (CCC 2725), the habit of prayer, like the habit of exercise, is built up over time with discipline and repetition. This retreat will help teens get their spiritual lives “in shape” through prayer.
Using the idea of athletic training as an underlying theme, this retreat will help teens understand the importance of prayer while giving them the opportunity to “exercise” different forms of prayer. The goal of this retreat is to help the teens develop a lifelong habit of prayer.
This issue of Spotlight features the 2012 “Give It Away Now” Global Service Project: Shelter the Homeless. It also includes Life Nights about our call to be missionary, the season of Advent, and a fun social Life Night to help your youth group kick-off summer.
- Spotlight Intro: Katie Heller
- Give It Away Now Intro: Katie Heller
- Give It Away Now: Life Night on Sheltering the Homeless
- From the Desk Of…: Molly McCraken
- Forming Missionary Disciples: Chris Benzinger
- Mission Academy: Life Night on Living the Missionary Call
- From Passion to Glory: Jimmy Mitchell
- Prepare the Way: Monica Harness
- Hopeful Anticipation: Life Night For Advent
- Grace of Giving: Deacon Mike Mims
- Parish Spotlight: Parroquia del Sant Esperit de Terrassa
- It Must Be Summer: Social Life Night for Summer
- Words From B16: Pope Benedict XVI