Song suggestions, homily suggestions, and the Sunday readings for the 17th Sunday of Ordinary Time (July 28, 2013) through the Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ the King (November 24, 2013) in Year C of the Liturgical cycles.
Life Support: May 2013 – Theology of the Body
Liturgy Planning Guide
The goal of this retreat is to call and equip teens for the mission of evangelization. Using the stories and characters in the book of Acts as a basis, this retreat will help teens understand that they have an important testimony to share about how God is moving in and through them. It is our baptismal call to share that testimony with the world, “so that the divine message may be known and accepted by all men throughout the earth” (CCC 900).
The retreat begins with St. Peter in the upper room just before Pentecost. The first session will call on the Holy Spirit to move us out into the world to boldly proclaim Christ. The next session turns to St. Paul to explore the ongoing process of conversion and forgiveness. Next, the story of St. Stephen will help the teens understand how to cherish and defend the Church regardless of the cost. The Saturday evening session challenges teens to bring Christ to those around them fearlessly. Finally, the retreat concludes with the testimony of the teens themselves and the challenge to continue to share their witness of faith long after the retreat is over.
This issue of Spotlights highlights aspects of relational ministry and Core Training. It includes articles and Life Nights about safe environment, social media, and a Core Team training session. Refine your relational ministry ability with this issue of Spotlight.
- Spotlight Intro: Katie Heller
- Letter from the President: Randy Raus, President of Life Teen
- Truth By Way of Beauty: Jimmy Mitchell
- Safety First: Lisa Fahey
- For What It’s Worth: A Safe Environment Life Night
- The First Year: Angela Hamrick
- Calling All Core: Chelsea Piper
- Bold Witnesses: Core Team Formation Night
- An Unexpected Lesson in Relational Ministry: Everett Fritz
- The Word Became Status: Issue Night on Social Media
- Personal Spirituality – The Rosary: Joel Stepanek
- YM 101 – Successful Summer Trips: Monica Harness
- Water Balloon War: Social Life Night
- Grace of Giving: Matt Rose and Jacy Lawrence
- Words From Pope Francis