Song suggestions, homily suggestions, and the Sunday readings for the 1st Sunday of Advent (December 2, 2012) through the 5th Sunday of Lent (March 17, 2013) in Year C of the Liturgical cycles.
Life Support: September 2012 – Scripture
Liturgy Planning Guide
This issue of Spotlight features an article and Life Night that explain the Catholic understanding of the “end of the world” and the Second Coming of Christ. It also features tips for your annual kick-off, a unique Christmas social, and a Life Night on spiritual warfare.
- Spotlight Intro: Katie Heller
- Letter From the President: Randy Raus, President of Life Teen
- Home For the Holidays: Joe Chernowski, Eastern Region Director
- Catholic Fight Club: Life Night on Spiritual Warfare
- Beauty Has Saved the World: Jimmy Mitchell
- Is This The End?: Joel Stepanek, Life Support Coordinator
- Spoiler Alert: Life Night About the Second Coming of Christ
- Teens and the Public Life: Bradley Opitz
- Ordinary Spirituality: Lisa Fahey
- 3, 2, 1, Kickoff!!!: Lisa Garcia
- There’s An App For That: John Paul Williams
- Las Posadas: Christmas Social Life Night
- Stuff Youth Ministers Like: Joel Stepanek, Life Support Coordinator
- Words From B16: Pope Benedict XVI
Into the Deep
Welcome to Life Teen’s newest resource for high school teenagers, Into the Deep. The goal of this resource is to provide the teenagers at your parish with catechesis that goes deeper into Sacred Scripture and the teachings of our Catholic Church. The sessions contained in this resource are more challenging in their teachings and small group questions, all geared towards teens that are seeking more than the typical Life Night provides.
This resource is designed to supplement our existing eight-semester curriculum for high school students, which is modeled from the USCCB’s “Doctrinal Framework for High School Catechesis.” Each four-session Into the Deep resource will cover a specific topic found within the bishops’ framework with a greater depth. This will allow you to take time to really break open topics such as discipleship, Mary, the season of Lent, and pro-life issues.
This Into the Deep explores the topic of discipleship. Teenagers are often challenged to be leaders in their world, and many times find themselves in positions of leadership, such as team captain, student council member, or simply organizing a group project for class. These four sessions will challenge teenagers to understand what it means to be a “disciple leader,” and how we are all called to leadership when we follow Christ.
These four sessions will challenge teens to understand their baptismal call to discipleship more deeply, recognize the difference between pride and humility, encourage the teens to make time for rest and prayer as well as active service, and, finally, empower them to go forward as evangelists.
This Into the Deep resource includes the following sessions:
- Two Directions
- Balancing Act
- Go Forth