Song suggestions, homily suggestions, and the Sunday readings for 1st Sunday of Advent (December 1, 2013) through the 8th Sunday in Ordinary Time (March 2, 2014) in Year A of the Liturgical cycles.
Life Support: September 2013 – Paschal Mystery
Liturgy Planning Guide
This issue of Spotlight highlights Stewardship. As children of God, we’re called to be good stewards of everything God has created and gifted us with. Explore the multitude of ways we can help our teens be good stewards of their gifts, talents, and Creation in this issue of Spotlight.
- Spotlight Intro: Katie Heller
- Letter from the President: Randy Raus, President of Life Teen
- To the Streets: Jimmy Mitchell
- Extended Family: A Life Night about Saints
- The Long Haul: Jon Givens
- The Packers and Stewardship: Joel Stepanek
- Gratitude and Spaghetti: Parish Wide Social Life Night
- Your Replacement: Monica Harness
- The Anonymous Check: Kristin Bird
- Super Denario Brothers: A Life Night about Steweardship
- The Game Changer: Sarah Gavin
- Personal Spirituality – Lectio Divina: Angela Hamrick
- Welcome Home: Tricia Tembreull
- Grace of Giving: Kerri and P.J. Lorenzo
- Words from Pope Francis: Address to Brazilian Leaders at World Youth Day
Into the Deep
Welcome to Life Teen’s newest resource for high school teenagers, Into the Deep. The goal of this resource is to provide the teenagers at your parish with catechesis that goes deeper into Sacred Scripture and the teachings of our Catholic Church. The sessions contained in this resource are more challenging in their teachings and small group questions, all geared towards teens that are seeking more than the typical Life Night provides.
This resource is designed to supplement our existing eight-semester curriculum for high school students, which is modeled from the USCCB’s “Doctrinal Framework for High School Catechesis.” Each four-session Into the Deep resource will cover a specific topic found within the bishops’ framework with a greater depth. This will allow you to take time to really break open topics such as discipleship, Mary, the season of Lent, and pro-life issues.
This Into the Deep explores the role of Mary in our faith. As Catholics, we know that Mary is a critical part of our faith and our understanding of Christ, but fail to have a vibrant relationship with Christ through her. These four sessions look at the role of Mary as Mother of the Church, as our intercessor to Christ, the words Mary spoke and how they point us to Christ, and how to have a healthy devotion to Mary. Each session will challenge teenagers to strengthen their relationship with Christ through Mary, and will also provide them with a foundation to explain Marian teaching to their friends. Consider providing the teenagers attending these sessions with a Rosary and encourage them to bring it along every week.
This Into the Deep includes sessions:
- A Mother’s Love
- Full of Grace
- Few Words, Big Message
- Truly Devoted