Goal for the Life Night:
To help teens understand the reasons and purpose for (redemptive) suffering within the Christian faith. To challenge the teens to identify their own crosses and then to embrace them with trust and hope instead of resistance and complaint.
Life Night at a Glance:
Teens are bombarded by a culture whose motto is “if it feels good do it” and “pain and suffering are bad”. There are millions of dollars being made by companies that market products to lessen pain and suffering. As Catholic Christians we believe that all things are given from the loving hand of Our Father in Heaven. When pain and suffering come our way, we must take up our Cross, as He did, and live in obedience to our Heavenly Father. This is Christian living, to find joy in both the good times and bad. This night is busy, and is a bit heavier than normal (No pun intended!).
*PDF damaged download problems - follow these steps to fix*
- Have the latest updates for your computer. If you're on a PC, that's under Microsoft Update.
- Have the latest updates for your web browser. Update: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari
- Have the latest updates for Adobe Reader.
If you are still having problems, try these instructions:
In Adobe Reader disable the fast view, and Display PDF in browser options.
- Close your browser.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
- In the left column select Internet
- Uncheck Allow fast web view
- Uncheck Display PDF in browser
- Click OK, and try again
- The PDFs will display in a separate window rather than in your browser window.
If you are still having trouble downloading this resource, feel free to email us at email@example.com
About this Resource
May 1st, 2003