Goal for the Life Night:
The goal for this night is to help teens understand the Catholic view on heaven, hell, and purgatory, as well as how to live a life worthy of heaven.
Life Night at a Glance:
Many of the questions teens have about their faith involves the afterlife. This Life Night will seek to answer some of those questions as well as encourage and inspire them to live today in a manner worthy of heaven. The night is built around the idea of a guided tour of the afterlife. The tour starts in a graveyard to remind the teens of their mortality and help them begin thinking about eternal life. After the teaching, the tour guide will take the teens on a tour of hell, purgatory, and heaven, allowing the teens to ask questions about each. Finally, the night ends near the tabernacle, our foretaste of heaven, with a celebration of the possibility of eternal life united with God.
*PDF damaged download problems - follow these steps to fix*
- Have the latest updates for your computer. If you're on a PC, that's under Microsoft Update.
- Have the latest updates for your web browser. Update: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari
- Have the latest updates for Adobe Reader.
If you are still having problems, try these instructions:
In Adobe Reader disable the fast view, and Display PDF in browser options.
- Close your browser.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
- In the left column select Internet
- Uncheck Allow fast web view
- Uncheck Display PDF in browser
- Click OK, and try again
- The PDFs will display in a separate window rather than in your browser window.
If you are still having trouble downloading this resource, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Resource
January 1st, 2008