Join Life Teen parishes on September 27, 2009 for our Second Annual Global Life Night and Food Drive!
- What: Global Life Night – Life Teen and Edge parishes around the world doing the same Life Night and service project
- When: September 27, 2009, the Sunday closest to the feast day of St. Vincent de Paul
- How: Canned Food Drive – get your parish and community involved by promoting the event beforehand and setting up donation dropoff sites. Use the “Give it Away Now – The Can It Edition” Life Night plan.
- Goals: 400 parishes participating, 200,000 non-perishable food items donated (an average of 500 items per parish)
- Why: We are a global family, a movement led by the Holy Spirit. As we create an awareness of poverty, hunger and lack of nutrition in our own communities, our global effort joins together us as one body of Christ, allowing us to be his hands and feet in the world.
Youth Minister’s To-Do List
- Set the date for your event (most parishes will do this event on September 27, but in the event you need to choose another date, pick a weekend as close to September 27 as you can)
- Notify Life Teen that you will be participating by emailing email@example.com
- Plan the Life Night with your Core Team. Click the black button at the bottom of this page.
- Start promoting the event:
- Download Poster.
- Download sample bulletin announcements.
- Download sample Press Release for your local papers.
- Work with the rest of the parish staff to set up collection bins and communicate the drive. To help you meet your goal, ask for parish wide involvement!
- Start getting the teens involved and excited now! Promote! Promote! Ask them for their ideas and help to collect food – get them involved!
- Arrange for pick up of canned food items or delivery to local charity after the event.
- This is important! Please email Life Teen with your parish’s total food donation along with one group picture from the Life Night. Make sure you photo includes a sign with your parish name, city, state and donation total. Photo and totals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission deadline is no later than October 19, 2009.
- Check www.lifeteen.com for totals and photos after September 27!