Life Teen Family,
It is with great joy that I greet you!
On September 28, 2009 Life Teen parishes from all around the world participated in our first ever global Life Night called Give It Away Now. In honor of St. Vincent de Paul, we asked all the teens and Core members to empty out their closets, bring in their clothes and weigh their donations. The clothes were then taken to a local St. Vincent de Paul Center or another charity in need and the total weights were sent to us.
Or original goal was to collect 50,000 pounds of clothes. We were pleasantly surprised when our goal was met within the first few hours of tallying the results. We reset our goal to a lofty 100,000 pounds.
Here are the results:
- Number of parishes participating to date: 232
- Average number of pounds per parish to date: 2,077.9
- Top 5 Parishes:
- Holy Spirit at Geist, Fishers IN—14,186 lbs
- St. Matthew, Winder GA—11,546 lbs
- Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, Saugus, CA—10,044 lbs
- St. Charles/St. Gerard/St. Rose of Lima/St. John, Lima, OH—10,000 lbs
- St. Raymond, Fowney CA—7,933 lbs
- Total weight collected to date: 317,912.1 lbs
Join me in celebrating not only reaching our goal, but all the parishes that came together to serve the poor all around the world. Please visit lifeteen.com to see all the pictures sent in by the parishes that participated in this event.
May God continue to bless you and your families.
Life Teen Inc.