Life Teen Retreat
Goal of this Retreat
Using music and the Psalms as a basis, the goal of this retreat is to bring teens into intimate and honest relationship with God through the Sacraments, Scripture, prayer, worship and community.
Basis: The Psalms (specifically #139, 42, 51, 27 and 150) Reflections on the Psalms, C.S. Lewis Expositions on the Psalms, St. Augustine
Overview of this Retreat
Music is powerful. A single song can evoke emotion, memories and even change our mood. Scripture contains a book of songs (called Psalms) that have done just that for thousands of years. This retreat will look at the power of music as well as the honest prayer given to us in the Psalms. Each session will be built around a different genre of music and will focus on a different Psalm. Through each session, the teens will be challenged to enter into honest, intimate prayer with their Creator and Savior.
*PDF damaged download problems - follow these steps to fix*
- Have the latest updates for your computer. If you're on a PC, that's under Microsoft Update.
- Have the latest updates for your web browser. Update: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari
- Have the latest updates for Adobe Reader.
If you are still having problems, try these instructions:
In Adobe Reader disable the fast view, and Display PDF in browser options.
- Close your browser.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
- In the left column select Internet
- Uncheck Allow fast web view
- Uncheck Display PDF in browser
- Click OK, and try again
- The PDFs will display in a separate window rather than in your browser window.
If you are still having trouble downloading this resource, feel free to email us at email@example.com
About this Resource
May 1st, 2009