This book covers Sacred Scripture. In the first Curriculum Guide on this topic, we presented an overview of the books of Scripture, how they are written and how to read them. In this second Curriculum Guide on Scripture, you will find Life Nights that focus on the story of salvation history found in Scripture. When planning your semester, we recommend that you look through both Scripture Semesters (download and view the first Curriculum Guide on Scripture from the May 2007 shipment) and choose the Life Nights that best meet the needs of your teens and the resources of your parish.
The purpose of this semester is to introduce the teens to Sacred Scripture by helping them encounter the living Word by breaking open the story of salvation history. This semester will also help the teens understand that they continue to play a unique role in God’s story.
This Curriculum Guide includes:
- Once Up a Time: Scripture Semester Introduction, God’s Story and Our Story
- In the Beginning…: Creation and Fall of Man
- I Swear: Covenants in Scripture
- Big Mouth: The Law and the Prophets
- I Told You So!: Old Testament Prophecies/Incarnation
- Kingdom Come: Miracles & the Kingdom of God / The Gospels of Luke & Matthew
- Time To Be Bold: Acts of the Apostles / Early Church
- The Feast: Book of Revelation