It took seven minutes to sell out nine weeks of summer camp at Covecrest. While selling out weeks is a great blessing in one sense, it is difficult in another because it means teens and their adult leaders who want to attend summer camp cannot. In fact, at one point we had more people on a waiting list than those able to register. We knew we had to do better. We knew we had to do more. And, we knew we had to pray.
God wasted no time answering our prayers. The Enota Mountain Retreat Center, only thirty minutes from Covecrest, graciously opened up their entire camp for the summer. Very quickly, we were given the opportunity to host an additional eight weeks of summer camp with a capacity of over 1400!
Before we gave this option an enthusiastic “yes!” we had to make sure the quality of experience would be similar to our other camps. Dedicated summer missionaries, families, and staff: absolutely. An obstacle course, mud pit, high and low ropes course, and waterslide: yes. A true Catholic identity with dynamic programming: of course. Then we looked at the unique features of this camp: from the beautiful waterfalls, proximity to the Appalachian Trail, and organic farm, it is an ideal environment to host camp. We prayed and held several site visits with the camp and knew we had to take this leap of faith. Now we are introducing a brand new Life Teen and Edge summer camp: Camp Covecrest – Hiawassee.
For this new camp, we first opened registration to those parishes on the waiting list. The results were pretty terrific: over 1,180 of 1400 spots were filled with those groups alone. The good news is that we have more spots for Covecrest – Hiawassee. We invite you to look at these weeks and bring your teens for an amazing summer experience. Below are the weeks and availability status. Take a look at which week works best for you and register today!
To see the camp: http://www.enota.com/life-teen-enota.htm (This web page is not maintained by Life Teen, it was put together by the staff at Camp Enota)
- Covecrest – Hiawassee: Week 14, Life Teen (June 4 – June 9) 161 registered. 15 spots remaining.
- Covecrest – Hiawassee: Week 15, Life Teen (June 11 – June 16) 176 registered. 0 spots remaining.
- Covecrest – Hiawassee: Week 16, Edge (June 18 – June 23) 179 registered. 0 spots remaining.
- Covecrest – Hiawassee: Week 17, Edge (June 25 – June 30) 52 registered. 124 spots remaining.
- Covecrest – Hiawassee: Week 18, Life Teen (July 8 – July 13) 153 registered. 23 spots remaining.
- Covecrest – Hiawassee: Week 19, Edge (July 16 – July 21) 164 registered. 12 spots remaining.
- Covecrest – Hiawassee: Week 20, Life Teen (July 23 – July 28) 179 registered. 0 spots remaining.
- Covecrest – Hiawassee: Week 21, Life Teen (July 30 – August 4) 122 registered. 54 spots remaining.
As always, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. It is our privilege to work along side you as partners in ministry! Do not delay, as these weeks will fill up very soon on a first come basis. Also, there are a few spots left for our Tepeyac summer camp in Arizona as well. Get ready for a summer full of “Radiant Joy” and transformation as we all continue to lead teens closer to Christ.