10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1…HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I absolutely love New Year’s. Staying up late (or as I’ve gotten older, trying my best), more college football than most diehard football fans can stand, and so many chips and dips that you can build your own boat and paddle around (That’s a fun image. Isn’t it?)
And yet, somehow, in some way, all of this leads many people across the world to one thing: New Year’s Resolutions (Maybe it’s so we don’t “drop the ball” on things in the coming year.)
Don’t you love New Year’s Resolutions? It seems every year they’re the same:
“This year I’m gonna eat healthier.”
“This year I’m gonna read the Bible from cover to cover.”
“This year I’m gonna start a new exercise program.”
Some people keep these resolutions and really work hard to improve their lives. Others fail in their resolutions on day one (I guess eating healthier and chips/dip don’t go together so well).
While many of us will make resolutions for the coming year for our personal lives, why not make some for our ministries as well? Here are some resolutions to pray about as you get ready to start a new calendar year of Youth Ministry:
- Spend an hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament each week.
- Get to know the name of every teen that attends Life Teen or Edge.
- Give Life Nights/Edge Nights to Core Team one week in advance.
- Clean the floors from that “Shaving Cream Incident” earlier in the semester.
- Have lunch with the parish staff at least once a month.
- Improve communication with parents.
- Clean and organize the Youth Room or storage closet.
- Treat the maintenance worker like a teammate not a hired servant.
- Watch less TV, and read more books.
- Stay within budget.
- Return voicemails and emails within 24 hours.
- Go to the Sacrament of Reconciliation once a month.
- Spend less time on Facebook and more time face-to-face.
These are just a few possible resolutions for your ministry as this New Year begins. So, now it’s your turn.
Question: What are your New Year’s Resolutions? (Share below)