Goal for the Life Night:
This night will help teens understand vocations as a specific and unique calling rather than a job or something they can choose. This night will give the teens practical to tools to begin to discern their vocations.
Life Night at a Glance:
In today’s society, a job is central to a person’s life. It provides for physical needs and helps define a person’s status. This night seeks to help teens understand that a vocation is different from a job or career. The night begins with a skit between Jesus and three different people interviewing for a position. The skit leads into a teaching on the difference between a job or career and a vocation. In small groups, the teens will break open this topic by answering questions related to jobs and vocations. Finally, the teens will begin a novena to St. Joseph for vocations.
*PDF damaged download problems - follow these steps to fix*
- Have the latest updates for your computer. If you're on a PC, that's under Microsoft Update.
- Have the latest updates for your web browser. Update: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari
- Have the latest updates for Adobe Reader.
If you are still having problems, try these instructions:
In Adobe Reader disable the fast view, and Display PDF in browser options.
- Close your browser.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
- In the left column select Internet
- Uncheck Allow fast web view
- Uncheck Display PDF in browser
- Click OK, and try again
- The PDFs will display in a separate window rather than in your browser window.
If you are still having trouble downloading this resource, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Resource
September 1st, 2009