Life Teen Bible Studies
Written by God…brought to you by the Bible Geek®
The Catholic belief and understanding of the Eucharist is not restricted to the events explained and gifted to us through Christ in the Gospel accounts, or through St. Luke in Acts and St. Paul in his writings. To understand the Eucharist from a Biblical perspective, we need to have a deeper understanding of God’s entire plan of salvation, beginning in the Old Testament.
It’s obvious that the Old Testament Scriptures “prefigured” (a big way of saying, “foreshadowed”) the Eucharistic sacrifice thousands of years earlier. Stick with me here… The Passover Lamb In Exodus, we first read about the Passover. If you’ve never seen The Prince of Egypt, I recommend it, because its depiction of the Passover scene is breath-taking (no pun intended). Anyway, it’s in Exodus chapter 12 that we first read about God’s prescription for the Passover feast.
*PDF damaged download problems - follow these steps to fix*
- Have the latest updates for your computer. If you're on a PC, that's under Microsoft Update.
- Have the latest updates for your web browser. Update: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari
- Have the latest updates for Adobe Reader.
If you are still having problems, try these instructions:
In Adobe Reader disable the fast view, and Display PDF in browser options.
- Close your browser.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
- In the left column select Internet
- Uncheck Allow fast web view
- Uncheck Display PDF in browser
- Click OK, and try again
- The PDFs will display in a separate window rather than in your browser window.
If you are still having trouble downloading this resource, feel free to email us at email@example.com
About this Resource
April 11th, 2007