Effective catechesis for college students.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith and their home parish while they are off at college.
How College Life Works
1. Begin a series: Each series in College Life is geared toward walking with college students over a period of time with a given subject. Over time there will be more series to pick from to share with college students.
2. Email College Students: A unique link to each part of the series is available on CatholicYouthMinistry.com. You as the youth minister / young adult minister email your college students a direct link to each of these nights, however frequently you want to have your college students engage in a topic.
3. Read and Journal through a Series: When college students get your email they will click on the link to begin that part of the series. If it’s their first time on the site they will be asked to register. After registering, they will login and read/journal through the night along with watching a video from Paul George, the creator of College Life.
4. Follow up with the group: College students want to stay connected to their parishes back at home. Set up a time for people to get together over group emails, Facebook groups, or Google+ hangouts to share your thoughts about each topic in the series.
College Life series:
Below are links to more information about each series. Within each of those pages you’ll find valuable leader information about the series and links to send to your college students.
Benefits of College Life
- Flexible and Workable – Because your college students use the College Life studies on their own time, they’re more likely to engage because it fits into demanding schedules.
- Easy Communication – It’s easy to keep in touch when your Life Teen graduates when they first start college, but very quickly your emails and phone calls can become awkward and strained. With College Life, you keep positive, directed communication with your graduates because it’s all centered on the current College Life series. We give you something to talk about.
- Connected to Parish – College Life lets you continue the Catholic community that you built at Life Teen once your teens graduate high school. When students return home for breaks and summers, they’ll look forward to coming by your parish.
What you get with College Life
- 3 College Life series, each containing 4-6 College Life studies.
- College Life videos that introduce series
- 1 retreat
Cost – $100 (in addition to Edge Support or Life Support subscription)