In this semester, we are presenting an overview of the Nicene and Apostle’s Creed. While each of these Edge Nights is about an aspect of our Catholic faith, it is designed to follow the Creed and help the youth to better understand what we pray each week at Mass. This would be a great opportunity to get each middle school youth a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. As the youth learn about God the Father, Jesus, Mary, the saints, etc. they can turn to the Catechism to learn more and grow deeper in their faith development. By the end of the semester, the youth will see how the Catechism mirrors the Creed and be able to search and find topics they want to learn more about.
- Free Lunch: Salvation and Grace
The goal of this Edge Night is to help the middle school youth understand how we are saved and the role of grace in their lives.
- Creative Righting: Creation and the Fall
The goal of this Edge Night is for the middle school youth to understand how creation is an expression of God’s love. The youth will also discuss humanity’s fall and our need for redemption.
- Yes, Mother: Mary, Mother of God
The goal of this Edge Night is to give a better understanding of Mary as Mother of God and its implications for the middle school youth and their faith.
- Facing the Final Judgment: Eternity
The goal of this Edge Night is to help youth understand what the Catholic Church teaches regarding our final judgment and eternal life.
- The Great Trilogy: Paschal Mystery
The goal of this Edge Night is to help the middle school youth understand and apply the Paschal Mystery to their lives.
- Rise Up: The Ascension
The goal of this Edge Night is to help the middle school youth understand the Ascension and how each of them is called to carry out Jesus’ mission on earth.
- Mysterious Love: The Trinity
The goal of this Edge Night is to help the middle school youth understand the Trinity and that it shows us that God is Love.
- Call to Holiness and Sainthood: Matthew 5:43-48
The middle school youth will understand the concepts of sainthood and holiness, as well as their personal call to be a saint.
- Sin and Forgiveness: Matthew 6:5-15
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton: Sweet Charity: An Edge Night on St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and Charity
- St. Maria Goretti: Purity: An Edge Night on St. Maria Goretti and Purity
- St. Therese (Little Flower): Child-Like Faith: An Edge Night on St. Therese (the Little Flower) and Child-like Faith
- St. Maximillian Kolbe: Courage: An Edge Night on St. Maximillian Kolbe and Courage
- St. Catherine of Sienna: Your Heart’s Desire: An Edge Night on St. Catherine of Sienna and the Desires of the Heart
- St. Thomas More: Endurance and Faith: An Edge Night on St. Thomas More, Endurance, and Faith
- St. Anthony of Padua: Doctor and Defender of the Faith: An Edge Night on St. Anthony of Padua, a Doctor and Defender of the Faith
- St. Patrick: Evangelization: An Edge Night on St. Patrick and Evangelization
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Wisdom
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Piety
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Fear of the Lord
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Fortitude
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Counsel
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Knowledge