In this semester, we are presenting an overview of the Nicene and Apostle’s Creed. While each of these Edge Nights is about an aspect of our Catholic faith, it is designed to follow the Creed and help the youth to better understand what we pray each week at Mass. This would be a great opportunity to get each middle school youth a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. As the youth learn about God the Father, Jesus, Mary, the saints, etc. they can turn to the Catechism to learn more and grow deeper in their faith development. By the end of the semester, the youth will see how the Catechism mirrors the Creed and be able to search and find topics they want to learn more about.
- One Direction: An Edge Night on the Communion of Saints
The goal of this Edge Night is to explain to the youth what is meant when we proclaim in the Apostles’ Creed that we believe in the Communion of Saints. The will come to a greater understanding of the role that they play in the Communion of Saints as well as how to call upon our brothers and sisters in heaven to intercede for them.
- Happy Birthday Church: An Edge Night on Pentecost
The goal of this night is to gain an understanding of the Holy Spirit. The youth will learn how Jesus prepared the disciples for the gift of the Spirit and further how the Holy Spirit gave birth to the Church at Pentecost. This night should encourage the youth to call on the Holy Spirit to lead them as disciples of Christ, and remind them that they are part of the Church and called to share the message of Christ.
- Game Changer: An Edge Night on the Resurrection
The goal of this Edge Night is to dive deeper into what happened at the Resurrection of Christ. The youth will come to understand more fully what proof there is of the Resurrection of Jesus and how it impacts both them personally and all of Christianity
- Law Breaker: An Edge Night on Jesus' Passion and Death
The goal of this Edge Night is to open the eyes of the youth to the context and meaning of Christ’s crucifixion and death, particularly for their own life. This will be done by first speaking about the necessity of Jesus’ death to fulfill the consequences of people breaking the law of God and how His death brought us back into communion with God and opened for us the gates of heaven.
- Mama Says: An Edge Night on Mary
The goal of this night is to draw the students closer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and therefore to her Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ. The students should leave knowing they have one more advocate in heaven: our Mother Mary. They should also have a strong understanding of why the Church places such importance on our Blessed Mother as the new Eve and bringer of life and grace.
- Begotten: An Edge Night on Jesus Christ
The goal of this Edge Night is to help the youth understand the meaning of Jesus Christ as “begotten not made.” This night will also explain to the youth the oneness of the Trinity, specifically the relationship between Jesus Christ and God the Father as distinct persons but both fully God.
- (Three in) One Love: An Edge Night on the Trinity
The goal of this Edge Night is to explain how the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one — of the same substance and nature. This nature is love, and love calls the middle school youth to put God before all else and learn to live in this love.
- What is the Creed?: An Edge Night on the Creed
The goal of this Edge Night is to help middle school youth better understand the Creed — specifically why we pray it, and where it comes from. The Creed is the summary of our Faith as passed on from Jesus to the Church that is professed by Catholics worldwide as a sign of our faithfulness and trust in God.
- Free Lunch: Salvation and Grace
The goal of this Edge Night is to help the middle school youth understand how we are saved and the role of grace in their lives.
- Creative Righting: Creation and the Fall
The goal of this Edge Night is for the middle school youth to understand how creation is an expression of God’s love. The youth will also discuss humanity’s fall and our need for redemption.
- Yes, Mother: Mary, Mother of God
The goal of this Edge Night is to give a better understanding of Mary as Mother of God and its implications for the middle school youth and their faith.
- Facing the Final Judgment: Eternity
The goal of this Edge Night is to help youth understand what the Catholic Church teaches regarding our final judgment and eternal life.
- The Great Trilogy: Paschal Mystery
The goal of this Edge Night is to help the middle school youth understand and apply the Paschal Mystery to their lives.
- Rise Up: The Ascension
The goal of this Edge Night is to help the middle school youth understand the Ascension and how each of them is called to carry out Jesus’ mission on earth.
- Mysterious Love: The Trinity
The goal of this Edge Night is to help the middle school youth understand the Trinity and that it shows us that God is Love.
- Call to Holiness and Sainthood: Matthew 5:43-48
The middle school youth will understand the concepts of sainthood and holiness, as well as their personal call to be a saint.
- Sin and Forgiveness: Matthew 6:5-15
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton: Sweet Charity: An Edge Night on St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and Charity
- St. Maria Goretti: Purity: An Edge Night on St. Maria Goretti and Purity
- St. Therese (Little Flower): Child-Like Faith: An Edge Night on St. Therese (the Little Flower) and Child-like Faith
- St. Maximillian Kolbe: Courage: An Edge Night on St. Maximillian Kolbe and Courage
- St. Catherine of Sienna: Your Heart’s Desire: An Edge Night on St. Catherine of Sienna and the Desires of the Heart
- St. Thomas More: Endurance and Faith: An Edge Night on St. Thomas More, Endurance, and Faith
- St. Anthony of Padua: Doctor and Defender of the Faith: An Edge Night on St. Anthony of Padua, a Doctor and Defender of the Faith
- St. Patrick: Evangelization: An Edge Night on St. Patrick and Evangelization
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Wisdom
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Piety
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Fear of the Lord
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Fortitude
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Counsel
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Gift of Knowledge