Download the PDF handout
Prayers you’ll need to know
The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; who w as conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day, He arose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sits a the right hand o f God the Father Almighty; from thence HE shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sin, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed, be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with you; blessed are you among w omen, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
O my Jesus, have mercy on us, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need of thy mercy. Amen.
The Hall Holy Queen
Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To you do we send up our sighs, morning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, 0 most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy towards us; and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement! O loving ! O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God. That we may be made worth the promises of Christ.
Order to say them in
- While holding the crucifix make the Sign of the Cross and then recite the Apostles Creed.
- Recite the Our Father for the Pope on the first large bead.
- Recite the Hail Mary for an increase of faith, hope, and love on each of the three small beads.
- After the 3 Hail Mary’s recite the Glory Be and Fatima Prayer.
- Recall the first Rosary Mystery and recite the Our Father on the large bead.
- On each of the adjacent ten small beads (referred to as the decade) recite a Hail Mary while reflecting on the mystery.
- After the 10 Hail Mary’s say the Glory Be, and the Fatima Prayer (O My Jesus).
- Each succeeding decade is prayed in similar manner by recalling the appropriate mystery, reciting the Our Father, 10 Hail Mary’s, the Glory Be, and the Fatima prayer while reflecting on the mystery.
- When the fifth mystery is completed, the Rosary is customarily concluded with the Hail Holy Queen.
The Mysteries of the Rosary
Joyful Mysteries (Monday & Saturday)
- 1st Decade : The Annunciation (Luke 1 :26-38)
- 2nd Decade: The Visitation(Luke 1 :39-45)
- 3rd Decade: The Nativity of Jesus(Luke 2:6-1 2)
- 4th Decade: The Presentation of Jesus (Luke 2:25-32)
- 5th Decade: The Finding Jesus in the Temple (Luke 2:4 1-50)
Luminous Mysteries (Thursday)
- 1st Decade: The Baptism of Jesus (Matthew 3: 13- 17)
- 2nd Decade : The Miracle at Cana (John 2: 1- 11 )
- 3rd Decade: The Proclamation of the Kingdom (Mark 1:14-15)
- 4th Decade: The Transfiguration (Matthew 17: 1-8)
- 5th Decade: The Institution of the Eucharist (Matthew 26:26-28)
Sorrowful Mysteries (Tuesday & Friday)
- 1st Decade: The Agony in the Garden (Luke 22:39-46)
- 2nd Decade: The Scourging at the Pillar (Mark 15:6-15)
- 3rd Decade: The Crowning with Thorns (John 19: 1-8)
- 4th Decade: The Carrying of the Cross (John 19: 16-22)
- 5th Decade: The Crucifixion (John 19:25-30)
Glorious Mysteries (Wednesday & Sunday)
- 1st Decade: The Resurrection (Mark 16: 1-7)
- 2nd Decade: The Ascension o f Jesus (Luke 24:45-53)
- 3rd Decade: The Descent o f the Holy Spirit (Acts 2: 1-7, 11 )
- 4th Decade: The Assumption of Mary (Luke 1 :46-55)
- 5th Decade: The Coronation of Mary (Revelations 12: 1-17)