Visit our new Edge Website: EdgeYouthMinistry.com
The middle school youth will develop a deeper understanding of the life of St. Maximilian Kolbe and our call to be courageous in our faith.
This Edge Session explores the life of St. Maximilian Kolbe and how his life calls us all to live our Catholic faith more courageously. The biographical section describes the life of St. Maximilian Kolbe and the amazing legacy that he left behind in a place of complete desolation, a Nazi concentration camp. He truly is a “saint for our time” (Pope John Paul II). The second part of the overview is a discussion on courage. It is likely that with recent major tragic world events many different definitions of courage have surfaced. The section on courage offers a discussion of what Catholic philosophers (St. Thomas Aquinas and Peter Kreeft) have to say about courage and it’s importance to the Catholic individual.
*PDF damaged download problems - follow these steps to fix*
- Have the latest updates for your computer. If you're on a PC, that's under Microsoft Update.
- Have the latest updates for your web browser. Update: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari
- Have the latest updates for Adobe Reader.
If you are still having problems, try these instructions:
In Adobe Reader disable the fast view, and Display PDF in browser options.
- Close your browser.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
- In the left column select Internet
- Uncheck Allow fast web view
- Uncheck Display PDF in browser
- Click OK, and try again
- The PDFs will display in a separate window rather than in your browser window.
If you are still having trouble downloading this resource, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Resource
July 1st, 2007