Does this sound like your life?
- Spend all week picking out the greatest music that your assembly will love
- Prepare the sheet music for your music group
- Lead 1 or 2 rehearsals
- Chart out new vocal harmonies for the singers
- Prepare a worship aide for the Assembly so they can participate
- Attend 4 or 5 meetings that don’t really accomplish anything
- Return 10 phone calls
If you answered yes to three or more of the above, you’re probably an overworked Music Director. So in all this work which takes up so much of our time…Where is God’s time?
Sometimes we get so busy with everyday life and so wrapped up in all the “stuff” we have to get done that we don’t take the time to pray. Prayer is essential to fruitful Music Ministry. If we are not in prayer and our groups are not in prayer then how in the world can our ministry be fruitful? Jesus always took the time to pray before performing any act of ministry. It is so easy to convince ourselves that praying is for the ladies who gather everyday in the Church in the morning to say the Rosary. The reality is that prayer is essential to remaining humble and keeping God at the center of out ministry. If prayer is lacking in our ministries, it’s never too late to start.