What’s a great way to celebrate Advent? Getting an Edge Support box! I pray that your new semester is underway and the middle school youth are diving into your Edge ministry. If you have not yet kicked off, please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you. This box contains the third installment in our six-semester curriculum. In addition to the sheer joy of middle school ministry, here is what you will find in the November 2010 box:
- Edge Semester Planning Guide: Church Semester. This semester contains 9 catechetical nights about the Church. The youth will be learn and experience how the Catholic Church guides and directs us throughout our lives. The two Issue Nights for this semester are designed to help you discuss relevant topics they are faced with daily. There is also a fun Social Night called Donuts that plays off of everyone’s favorite post-Mass tradition. We are excited to bring you Edge Nights that are a collaboration of many talented individuals working in middle school ministry who came together to brainstorm new and exciting ways to break open this topic for your youth.
- Edge Video Support. In addition to the Semester Planning Guide, we have included a DVD that can be used within your ministry in many dynamic ways. Edge Video Support 3 is filled with greats tools to use with your Core Team, your ministry and with your Edge Nights. Enjoy it!
- Best-Ever Games for Youth Ministry. This book is filled with icebreakers and games to help you in your Edge Nights and retreats. Use the games to help with relational ministry, mixing the group up, fellowship and more. The book also gives helpful tips and hints for how to lead games, picking games for your group size and utilizing the energy of the group.
- Music CD. The music CD in this box is a great resource for adding Christian music to your Edge Nights. Use Light up the Sky from The Afters to gather the youth during Edge Nights, retreats, during social time and other middle school events.
- Just For Fun. This box contains silly bands. The great shapes (doves, cross, angel, chalice and Edge logo) can help serve as a tool for witnessing to others. Give the bands out as a prize and encourage the youth to wear them to school and show off the great shapes.