Life Teen Retreat
Goal of this Retreat
Okay, you’ve probably figured out by now that Dr. Seuss is a huge influence in this
retreat. Each session is based on a work by Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss). The hope of the retreat is to help the teens re-discover the fun and innocence of their childhood, while being reminded of the simplest lessons in their moral life and faith development along the way!
Overview of this Retreat
This retreat has (in various forms) been created and used by a few different Life Teen programs in the past two years. The response from the teens has been overwhelmingly positive. The teens have to feel empowered to have fun on this retreat weekend. It’s important, right up front, to set a tone of “pray hard, play hard”. No one should ever feel left out and no one should ever take themselves too seriously – that goes for the Youth Ministers, too!
*PDF damaged download problems - follow these steps to fix*
- Have the latest updates for your computer. If you're on a PC, that's under Microsoft Update.
- Have the latest updates for your web browser. Update: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari
- Have the latest updates for Adobe Reader.
If you are still having problems, try these instructions:
In Adobe Reader disable the fast view, and Display PDF in browser options.
- Close your browser.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
- In the left column select Internet
- Uncheck Allow fast web view
- Uncheck Display PDF in browser
- Click OK, and try again
- The PDFs will display in a separate window rather than in your browser window.
If you are still having trouble downloading this resource, feel free to email us at email@example.com
About this Resource
February 17th, 2010