Well……it has been way too long…..I have not blogged in months! Forgive me!
My new goal for 2009 is to blog at least every other week if not every week. Hopefully, this will give you a window into the “behind the scenes work” that goes into putting on a Life Teen event.
So a side note about me….I like order. I like excel sheets and color coding, alphabetizing, and bullet points. I like them all. They make me happy. I tell you this because that is how my blog is going to look and I hope it does not bore you.
- YM Retreat: YM Retreat was great! We had 45 fabulous YMs join us at Covecrest during the last week of January. Mark Hart and the Covecrest missionaries led them through mediations on the virtues that flowed out of the joyful mysteries. We have some pictures posted on www.lifeteen.com. Check them out. As you can see everyone had a wonderful time.
- Spring Training: Spring Training is just around the corner. Honestly, this is one of the best training events we host throughout the year. It’s practical! It is a chance to get away from the demands of the parish office in order to plan and pray. I am excited for all of the new YMs who will be joining us this year. ** Remember to bring your parish calendar and any other planning materials that will help you look ahead for the next year.
- Women’s Retreat: Are you going? Have you thought about it? If not, you should! The theme for the retreat this year is based on the writings of the beloved John Paul II – “The Genius of Woman”. Isn’t that intriguing?!
- Life Teen Convention: We are busy getting ready for this event. The schedule is almost done and I am excited to post it on the web in the next few weeks so you all can see some of the fabulous sessions we have this year. I’ll let the schedule speak for itself….soon!
- Steubenville West and Atlanta: Again….keeping us very busy. There have been some fun changes to the schedule this year. I think you guys will really enjoy it. We are also recruiting volunteers right now. I think this is one of my favorite parts of the conference. I love pulling more people into what we do behind the scenes and I have met some really great people too!
- LT@ND: This is my favorite teen event….well, I love camp too. Ok, one of my favorites! We are sold out this year but I so have a waiting list going. Call or email me if you want to put your parish on the waiting list. I will never say never when it comes to the waiting list – anything can happen!
- Fall events: More info to come next week!!
That’s all for now. Keep checking my blog for weekly/monthly updates on events.
Hope to see you on the road!