A few of you many know this, but I am getting married in 6 weeks (May 1st to be exact)! I could not be more excited! I do have to say though, this whole process of preparing and planning has been very interesting. I think the most common question my fiancé, Matt, and I both get is, “Wow, well I bet you had your wedding planned in 3 weeks since Tobi is an event coordinator!?” My reply usually goes something like this, “Hahahahahahaha! Um, no!”
You see, planning an event takes time. It does not matter if it is a Life Teen event, a bridal shower, a birthday party, or a wedding, all of these events are important and all of these events take time to plan. In order to help you prepare for this summer and all of those Life Teen events you are attending, below is a checklist for you as you continue to prepare.
- Have you (or your teens) been “invited” to any events/rallies/conferences this summer? Did you “RSVP” (register and send in payment/liability forms)?
- Have you read the details about meals, lodging, and the site?
- Do you have a ride to the event? Are you flying?
- Do you have directions?
- Do you know who else is going? Perhaps you could car pool and save some money.
- Dress for the event. Summer camp is warm so dress casually. Events in the autumn—especially CMUs—can be very cold. See you in Buffalo!
- Bring money to buy a gift from the Life Teen Store!
**Just a few reminders**
- April 01st – Summer Camp balances should be mailed to the Life Teen Headquarters in Mesa, AZ.
- April 15th – Camp rosters, liability forms, rafting forms (Covecrest only) are due to the respective camp you are attending. See camps.lifeteen.com for the mailing addresses.
- April 20th – Balances/rosters/liability forms are due for LT@ND. I’m getting married 10 days after that, so have mercy on me and turn those checks in on time!
- May 15th – Deadline to meet the Early Bird Special for Steubenville West and Steubenville Atlanta. You’ll save $20 per attendee!
- May 23rd – Make sure you book your room for the Life Teen Convention before this date. Contact Carefree Resort and Villas.
That’s it for now!