The goal for this night is to remind parents of their personal obligation to “keep holy the Sabbath day” as well as their obligation to help their children to follow this commandment.
About the Night:
This night is a parent version of the Life Night “Gimmie A Break.” This night, like the Life Night for the teens, challenges the participants to look at how they can keep holy the Sabbath day. Ideally, this Parent Night and the Life Night are run simultaneously on a Sunday evening. This night begins with a time for the parents to mingle and get to know one another. The Proclaim will explain the Third Commandment and how we are called to live it out today, particularly as families. The parents will then have time to discuss the topic. finally, the teens and parents will gather together for a Lord’s day celebration to conclude the night.
*PDF damaged download problems - follow these steps to fix*
- Have the latest updates for your computer. If you're on a PC, that's under Microsoft Update.
- Have the latest updates for your web browser. Update: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari
- Have the latest updates for Adobe Reader.
If you are still having problems, try these instructions:
In Adobe Reader disable the fast view, and Display PDF in browser options.
- Close your browser.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
- In the left column select Internet
- Uncheck Allow fast web view
- Uncheck Display PDF in browser
- Click OK, and try again
- The PDFs will display in a separate window rather than in your browser window.
If you are still having trouble downloading this resource, feel free to email us at email@example.com
About this Resource
September 30th, 2011